We’ll be having two onsite workshops this Spring, both will be taught by Lynne Montegary. Lynne is one of our primary counselors at Spirit of Life Recovery and has a special skill in creating a small group atmosphere that allows for support, healing and connection.
If you are looking for an onsite class, we’ll be having an online only group called Thrive later this year hosted by Stephanie Tucker, so please stay connected.
Here is the information regarding our workshops. If you have any questions, contact Lynne direct at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Christian Codependence Workshop – Introduction Workshop (On-Site Only)
Thursday nights at 6:30 pm for 14 weeks
March 9 – June 8th
Taught by Lynne Montegary
18652 Florida Street, Suite 200
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
The Christian Codependence Recovery Workbook: From Surviving to Significance is a spirit-led process of self-confrontation and truth-finding where we will be able to dig deep into harmful patterns and belief systems that have “blocked” us. At the very same time, we will learn the radical and perfect relationship skills formed by our Creator, God. This will enable us over time to find balance, healthy boundaries and move into authentic identity.
- Facing Codependence
- Family Systems
- Emotional Strongholds
- Love Systems
- Ceasing Control: The Pathway to Surrender
- Breaking Free From Denial
- Exposing Shame
- Receiving the Gift of Forgiveness
- Offering the Gift of Forgiveness
- Embracing Identity
- Building Healthy Boundaries
- Balancing Principles & Promises
Is there a fee?
We offer workshops free of charge. We ask a donation of $40 or more be made, which will include the workbook. This helps support our organization and allows us to continue to offer services to the community (we are a non-profit 501-3c organization). If you cannot make a donation or can only share a small amount, please remember to purchase a book for $15. They will be available on the first day. When registering, you can choose “Paid” or “Unpaid” options. The paid allows you add a donation before you register. The unpaid allows you register without a donation.
A House that Grace Built – Advanced
Workshop (On-site Only)
Meets Wednesday at 6:30 for 21 Weeks
February 22 – July 12th, 2017
Taught by: Lynne Montegary
18652 Florida Street, Suite 200 Huntington Beach, CA 92648
What is this workshop?
A House that Grace Built is an application driven process that takes codependence recovery to a deeper level, allowing us to utilize the spiritual resources we need to live this life as God intended. It is truly about building a life that is based on God’s design rather than survival.
Through this second phase of recovery we’ll be dealing with some specific areas including:
- Understanding how to gain new coping mechanisms
- Gaining tools to grow and mature spiritually and emotionally
- Identifying the principles that drive relationships in a healthy way, and those that are destructive
- Learning about the nature of intimacy, and how God designed our hearts to carry different purposes relationally
- Embracing redemptive principles where we can look at each specific relationship past and present and apply God’s healing (this will include childhood, marriage, children, romantic relationships, etc.)
- Developing solid boundaries and spiritual protection based on God’s truth and the resources of His Spirit – loving people as He designed, but protecting ourselves from unhealthy influences
- Forming a heart and desire for authentic character development based on God’s Spirit, not outward behavior
- Seeing this life through the canvas of eternity, a perspective that is more far reaching than what we can see with our eyes
Is there a fee?
Our workshops are free of charge. However, we ask a donation of $50 or more be made, which will include the book. You will receive an e-mail with the download of the application companion workbook for free upon registration. The donation isn’t requirement, but helps support our organization and allows us to continue to offer services to the community (we are a non-profit 501-3c organization). If you cannot make a donation or can only share a small amount, please remember to purchase a book for $15. They will be available on the first day. When registering, you can choose “Paid” or “Unpaid” options. The paid allows you add a donation before you register. The unpaid allows you register without a donation.